Welcome from our CEO
Matt Perelstein, EQDude
The world is changing.
We had better change with it.
The pandemic has been, and continues to be, horribly painful for so many.
The most brutal thing we can do to people, emotionally, is to lock them in a room by themselves. It’s called ‘solitary confinement’ in prisons. In Covids terms, it’s called ‘lockdown’. The rates of child abuse, domestic violence, divorce and suicides are all increasing. Our mental health may be at an all-time low.
But there is good news, too!
It’s called Emotional Intelligence (EQ).
It’s free, it’s natural and it’s organic, inside each of us at birth. Yet, we don’t know how to use it. Emotional education wasn’t taught in schools (until now!). In academia, it’s called SEL or Social Emotional Learning, and it’s becoming available at all grade levels, from preschool to PhD. Hundreds of recent studies have shown the profound, successful results that have come from adding just this one subject to schools: Emotional Intelligence. We can teach kids/teens/adults, everyone, how to deal with their inner world — their thoughts, feelings, emotions and decisions — improve the quality of thoughts (from negative to positive, or at least neutral), the depth and breadth of feelings (bringing color, passion and intimacy to our lives) and improved relationships (so we can connect, and not feel alone).
- Universities everywhere are offering classes in Emotional Intelligence, Leadership Development, Success, Positive Psychology, and Positive Mental Health.
- NGOs around the world are promoting and providing SEL and Emotional education in many countries
- Social Media is brimming with desire for more knowledge and help with their EQ.
At EQ4Peace, we’re taking our evolution a step further, beyond EQ to Peace Education. Emotional Intelligence is the base knowledge but the objective is peace. How can we create peace on earth, if we don’t have goodwill toward men (and women and others)? Inner peace (I), interpersonal peace (we) and social peace (us) are teachable skills, and we believe, the basis for achieving and sustaining global peace, perhaps in our lifetime.
EQ4Peace strives to:
- Expand and enhance SEL in schools, EQ in homes, and EI at work, worldwide. Active work toward increasing the quality and quantity of emotional concepts, values and practices.
- Develop a Central Link between EQ and Peace. We’re developing peaceful, non-violent, inclusive concepts, tools, curriculum and research to spread the skills of peace-making, peace-building and peace-keeping.
- Promote Positive Mental Health through emotional training and education. Simple, super-practical, easy-to-explain and remember steps, instructions, skills, language, concepts and competencies, so we thrive, not just survive.
- Sponsor outreach campaigns to introduce the basics of EQ to the uneducated masses. Even the simplest concepts — like Thoughts + Feelings = Actions, and Exercise Optimism, and the incredible benefits of a gratitude-centered lifestyle — can profoundly and permanently improve people’s lives.
- Begin a grassroots movement to share what we know: Each-1-Teach-1-EQ. We’ll supply the information, tools and instruction… you provide a role model, a safe place, and your love.
EQ4Peace is a 501C3 collaborative comprised entirely of volunteers from academia, public education, social systems, and the business world all dedicated to fostering higher levels of EQ.
Let’s change the world from the inside out, with EQ, SEL and Peace education.